Saturday, February 1, 2014

Khurasan Power Armor

Well I had a bit of a set back during the holidays, when most of my paints accidentally were left outside and froze.  Some were unaffected, but others were completely ruined.  So I had to wait for some new paints to arrive before I could start on my next project: painting some 15mm humans for skirmish games.

Here are some power armored soldiers I've been working on.  When I am done there will be 15 men altogether.

These are some great figures that paint up really nice.  I had started them before the "Paint Incident" and I think they are turning out OK.  I've really been inspired lately to play small scale skirmish.  One reason are the excellent 2x2 boards that Spacejacker has been making over at Tiny Solitary Soldiers.  They look great, and in addition to taking up less space, being less expensive etc, having the small board, I like that you can make boards fairly quickly and have a wider variety of themes.


  I've also been thinking a lot about the excellent PC game that was kicking around for a while, Laser Squad Nemesis.  It was similar to X-COM, a turn-based tactical game where each player had a squad troops.  It was a lot of fun, and had a lot of depth, despite having only 8 or so troop types/options for each faction.  I would like my skirmishes to have a similar feel, and I will be focusing on painting up a couple factions each with only half a dozen troop options.   It seems like most mini rule sets get bogged down in details and special rules.  Really good scenarios and interesting terrain make up a huge part of a game, IMHO. So we will see if we can come up with some of those as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment